The main topics investigated in his research group are lithium batteries, supercapacitors, electrochemical hydrogen storage, reversible electrosorption of pollutants. He owns several patents related with the synthesis of nano-structured carbon materials (nanotubes, carbons from biomass, …) and their use for electrochemical systems. He published over 320 publications in high rank international journals and his works are cited in over 26200 papers. His Hirsch index is H = 68. He is also involved in several books dealing with carbon materials and energy storage. Recently, he edited the book ““. He is a member of the International Advisory Board of the Carbon Conferences and he launched the international conferences on Carbon for Energy Storage and Environment Protection (CESEP). He is member of the editorial board of the journal Carbon. In the French Agency for Research (ANR), he was Director of national programmes on Energy Storage and Hydrogen and Fuel Cells.
Stages of Scientific Development
Positions and fellowship
Organization Of Selected Scientific Conferences:
Books chapters and Edition
- E. Frackowiak, P. Ratajczak, and F. Béguin, “Electrochemical Capacitors Based on Carbon Electrodes in Aqueous Electrolytes,” in Advances in Electrochemical Science and Engineering, vol. 16, 2016, pp. 285–312.
- E. Frackowiak, G. Lota, and K. Fic, “Carbon nanotubes for energy storage application,” in Nanotechnology in Advanced Electrochemical Power Sources, 2014, pp. 249–280.
- E. Frackowiak, “Electrode Materials with Pseudocapacitive Properties,” in Supercapacitors: Materials, Systems, and Applications, 2013, pp. 207–237.
- F. Beguin, E. Raymundo-Pinero, and E. Frackowiak, “Electrical double layer capacitors and pseudocapacitors,” in Carbon Materials for Electrochemical Energy Storage Systems, F. Beguin and E. Frackowiak, Eds. CRC Press, 2010, pp. 329–375.
- E. Frackowiak and F. Béguin, “Carbon-Based Nanomaterials for Electrochemical Energy Storage,” in Nanotechnology for the Energy Challenge, 2010, pp. 177–204.
- F. Beguin, E. Raymundo-Pinero, and E. Frackowiak, “Electrical double layer capacitors and pseudocapacitors,” in Carbon Materials for Electrochemical Energy Storage Systems, F. Beguin and E. Frackowiak, Eds. CRC Press, 2009.
- E. Frackowiak, “Carbon nanotubes for storage of energy: supercapacitors,” in Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Dekker: Taylor & Francis, 2008, pp. 707–721.
- F. Beguin and E. Frackowiak, “Nanotextured carbons for high performance supercapacitors and electrochemical hydrogen storage,” in Carbon Materials: Theory and Practice, A. P. Terzyk, P. A. Gauden, and P. Kowalczyk, Eds. Kerala, India: Research Signpost, 2008, pp. 283–304.
- F. Beguin and E. Frackowiak, “Electrochemical Energy Storage,” in Adsorption by Carbons, Bottani E.J., Ed. Tascon J.M.D: Elsevier, 2008, pp. 593–625.
- E. Frackowiak, “Nanotubes based composites for energy storage in supercapacitors,” in Trans Tech Publications, Disclosing Materials at the Nanoscale – Advances in Science and Technology, vol. 51, Switzerland, 2006, pp. 145–155.
- F. Beguin et al., “Mechanism of reversible and irreversible insertion in nanostructured carbons used in lithium-ion batteries,” in New Carbon Based Materials for Electrochemical Energy Storage Systems, NATO Science Se-ries, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry – vol. 229, Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Springer, 2006, pp. 231–243.
- E. Frackowiak et al., “Novel carbonaceous materials for application in the electrochemical supercapacitors,” in New Carbon Based Materials for Electrochemical Energy Storage Systems: Batteries, Supercapacitors and Fuel Cells, vol. 229, 2006, pp. 5–20.
- F. Beguin and E. Frackowiak, “Nanotextured carbons for electrochemical energy storage,” in Handbook of nanomaterials, Y. Gogotsi, Ed. CRC Press, 2006, pp. 713–737.
- V. Khomenko et al., “Development of supercapacitors based on conducting polymers,” in New Carbon Based Materials for Electrochemical Energy Storage Systems: Batteries, Supercapacitors and Fuel Cells, vol. 229, 2006, pp. 41–50.
- E. Frackowiak and F. Beguin, “Application of nanoporous carbons and nanotube composites for supercapacitors,” in Recent Advances in Supercapacitors, V. Gupta, Ed. Kerala, India: Transworld Research Network, 2006, pp. 79–114.
- F. Beguin et al., “Carbon nanotubes as backbones for composite electrodes of supercapacitors,” in Electronic Properties of Synthetic Nanostructures, vol. 723, 2004, pp. 460–464.
- E. Frackowiak et al., “Application of metal coated carbon nanotubes to direct methanol fuel cells and for the formation of nanowires,” in Electronic Properties of Synthetic Nanostructures, vol. 723, 2004, pp. 532–535.
- E. Frackowiak, K. Jurewicz, S. Delpeux, F. Beguin, L. M. LizMarzan, and M. Giersig, “Electrochemical application of carbon nanotubes,” Low-Dimensional Syst. Theory, Prep. Some Appl., vol. 91, pp. 305–318, 2003.
- E. Frackowiak et al., “Storage of energy in supercapacitors from nanotubes,” Electron. Prop. Nov. Mater. Nanostructures, vol. 544, pp. 533–536, 2000.
- E. Frackowiak et al., “Capacitance properties of carbon nanotubes,” in Electronic Properties of Novel Materials – Science and Technology of Molecular Nanostructures, vol. 486, 1999, pp. 429–432.
- F. Beguin et al., “Alkali-metal intercalation in carbon nanotubes,” in Electronic Properties of Novel Materials – Science and Technology of Molecular Nanostructures, vol. 486, 1999, pp. 273–277.
- S. Gautier, E. Frackowiak, S. Bonnamy, F. Beguin, K. M. Kadish, and R. S. Ruoff, “Electrochemical insertion of lithium in catalytic multiwall carbon nanotubes,” in Recent Advances in the Chemistry and Physics of Fullerenes and Related Materials, Vol 6, vol. 98, 1998, pp. 1291–1301.
- E. Frackowiak et al., “Carbon fluoride cathode for lithium cells,” in New Promising Electrochemical Systems For Rechargeable Batteries, vol. 6, 1996, pp. 85–100.
- E. FRACKOWIAK, K. JUREWICZ, F. Lapicque, A. Storck, and A. A. Wragg, “IMPROVEMENT OF SECONDARY ZINC ELECTRODES,” Electrochem. Eng. Energy, pp. 41–46, 1994.
- E. FRACKOWIAK, T. KEILY, and B. W. BAXTER, “MODIFICATION OF SECONDARY ZINC ELECTRODE,” in Power Sources 13, 1991, pp. 225–235.
- F. Béguin and E. Frackowiak, Supercapacitors: Materials, Systems, and Applications. 2013.
- F. Béguin and E. Frąckowiak, Carbons for Electrochemical Energy Storage and Conversion Systems. 2009.
Autor 309 artykułów z listy JCR, 20 rozdziałów w książkach, 20 patentów międzynarodowych, współedytor 2 książek, H indeks = 72, cytowania (Scopus®) > 27 400. Znajduje się w grupie 2% top naukowców w rankingu Stanford University, Elsevier, SciTech Strategies.
F. Béguin, V. Pavlenko, P. Przygocki, M. Pawlyta, P. Ratajczak, Melting point depression of ionic liquids by their confinement in carbons of controlled mesoporosity, Carbon 169 (2020) 501-511.
E. P. Yambou, B. Gorska, V. Pavlenko, F. Béguin, Fitting the porous texture of carbon electrodes to a binary ionic liquid electrolyte for the realization of low temperature EDLCs, Electrochimica Acta (2020) 136416.
P. Przygocki, P. Ratajczak, F. Béguin, Quantification of the charge consuming phenomena under high‐voltage hold of carbon/carbon supercapacitors by coupling operando and post‐mortem analyses, Angewandte Chemie 58 (2019) 17969-17977.
P. Ratajczak, M. E. Suss, F. Kaasik, F. Béguin, Carbon electrodes for capacitive technologies, Energy Storage Materials 16 (2019) 126-145.
P. Przygocki, Q. Abbas, B. Górska, F. Béguin, High-energy hybrid electrochemical capacitor operating down to −40 °C with aqueous redox electrolyte based on choline salts, Journal of Power Sources 427 (2019) 283-292.
A. Chojnacka, X. Pan, P. Jeżowski, F. Béguin, High performance hybrid sodium-ion capacitor with tin phosphide used as battery-type negative electrode, Energy Storage Materials 22 (2019) 200-206.
Q. Abbas, F. Béguin, Sustainable carbon/carbon supercapacitors operating down to -40oC in aqueous electrolyte made with cholinium salt, ChemSusChem 11 (2018) 975–984.
P. Jezowski, O. Crosnier, E. Deunf, P. Poizot, F. Béguin, T. Brousse, Safe and recyclable lithium-ion capacitors using a sacrificial organic lithium salt, Nature Materials 17 (2018) 167–173.
Q. Abbas, P. Babuchowska, E. Frąckowiak, F. Béguin, Sustainable AC/AC hybrid electrochemical capacitors in aqueous electrolyte approaching the performance of organic systems, J. Power Sources, 326 (2016) 652–659.
A. Laheäär, P. Przygocki, Q. Abbas, F. Béguin, Appropriate methods for evaluating the efficiency and capacitive behavior of different types of supercapacitors, Electrochemistry Communications 60 (2015) 21-25.
P. Ratajczak, K. Jurewicz, P. Skowron, Q. Abbas, F. Béguin, Effect of accelerated ageing on the performance of high voltage carbon/carbon electrochemical capacitors in salt aqueous electrolyte, Electrochimica Acta, 130 (2014) 344–350.
F. Béguin, V. Presser, A. Balducci, E. Frackowiak, Carbons and electrolytes for advanced supercapacitors, Advanced Materials 26 (2014) 2219-2251.
M. Deschamps, E. Gilbert, P. Azais, E. Raymundo-Pinero, M.R. Ammar, P. Simon, D. Massiot, F. Béguin, Exploring electrolyte organization in supercapacitor electrodes with solid-state NMR, Nature Materials 12 (2013) 351–358.
Q. Gao, L. Demarconnay, E. Raymundo-Piñero, F. Béguin, Exploring the large voltage range of carbon/carbon supercapacitors in aqueous lithium sulfate electrolyte, Energy and Environmental Science, 5 (2012) 9611–9617.